V.V. High School
The school established in 1928, was handed over to the Brothers of St. Gabriel in 1996. Viveka Vardhini Vidyalayam, as it is called, is situated in a remote village called Mattampally, Nalgonda District of Andhra Pradesh. The management of the school changed hands many times, before the Brothers took charge in 1966, at the request of the Bishop of Warangal. The late Bro. Victor was the first Brother to go over to Mattampally to study the situation and start the construction of the new school building. This was the first rural and Telugu Medium school for the Brothers.
To begin with, the school was conducted in sheds and under the trees. The Brothers stayed in the parish house. The school shifted to a new locality a little away from the village, on a 5 acre piece of land, given by the Bishop. During the first few years, the Brothers really had a hard time due to the lack of communication facilities, electricity, funds, a house of their own and a host of other difficulties common to a new establishment.
Bro. Berchmans stayed for six years and did a magnificent job at Mattampally. He got help from various charitable agencies and built the Brothers quarters, Boarding house and bought 15 acres of cultivable land for the institution.
Education is imparted to the poor and lower middle class of Nalgonda and nearby districts. We have had a few vocations to the Brotherhood from Mattampally.
Mattampally, Huzurnagar Taluk
Nalgonda District – 508 225
Ph.No: 08683 – 247025 (Cty.)
08683 – 247226 (Sch.)